We have started preparing for our next event.
The 14th Annual Day of Caring for Breast Cancer Awareness will be May 9th, 2015.
Mark your calendars and we hope to see you there.
What is the Day of Caring all about you ask? Our main event is held annually, usually around Mother’s Day
- Educational sessions featuring health care professionals provide information and entertainment for anyone wanting to learn more about Breast Cancer, from detection to survivorship. Continuing Education Units are available for Nurses and Radiologic Technologists at no extra charge.
- Huge Silent Auction featuring art, jewelry, handmade items, restaurant and travel certificates and much more
- Vendors selling fun and beautiful pink items
- Resource tables from many breast cancer related organizations
- A delicious three course luncheon by the chefs at Hotel Intercontinental
- A professionally choreographed runway fashion show featuring the “Models of Hope,” all breast cancer survivors
- Fabulous raffle prizes with a valuable jewelry piece as the grand prize
- Many photo opportunities and chances to meet new and old friends
- Goodie bag for all attendees
It takes a lot of planning and work to make this event successful. The dedicated Executive Board, Committee Members and Volunteers are busy working all year long to make sure this event goes off without a hitch. If you would, please consider joining us in “Educating, empowering, and giving hope to everyone affected by breast Cancer.”